Doors to the community center will open at 3:00 P.M. and voting will remain open until 9:00 P.M. Anyone in line at 9:00 P.M. will be permitted to vote. Please enter through the doors on Rt. 30. We will be controlling the number of people in the room to comply with COVID-19 safety protocols. At the conclusion of voting the tally will be counted and reported on the club forums and on the members-only FB page.
Please be sure to come out and voice your opinion.
Members of Aurora Sportsmen’s Club, I know this has been a difficult time for many of you personally and professionally. ASC is a reprieve and refuge for many of us and not being able to access the place that allows us to relieve stress has added to the difficulty of the shutdown. I am reaching out to you today with some extremely good news to remedy that.
On May 12th, I received written authorization from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (IDCEO) to re-open the club. The groundwork that was laid with our numerous communications to state officials along with the work of some other clubs doing the same thing has yielded the positive result we were looking for from the state.
At the emergency board of directors meeting last night the Board of Directors unanimously voted to re-open the club at 8:00 A.M. on Friday, May 15th.
Compliance with CDC, IDCEO, and Board of Directors Policies
To comply with the guidelines presented by the CDC, IDCEO and Board of Directors, the following policies will remain in place:
- From Friday May 15th through Friday May 29th, the club will only be open to ASC members and their immediate families for shotgun sports, fishing, and open rifle/pistol shooting. (Defined as the member and one generation younger and one generation older)
- Each member must badge themselves in at the gate whenever they enter. No tailgating or following a previous member who has opened the gate. It is important for us to know who was on the property if an infected person is reported. Members who are open shooting MUST have their badge on at all times.
- Classes and events may resume on May 23rd. Non-members may participate in these events. Event and match leaders will reach out to shooters with details about COVID-19 safety practices that will be followed at their respective events.
- Beginning on May 30th, members may resume bringing guests with the usual waiver and wrist-band requirements.
- When at the club social distancing of a minimum of 6’ must be observed among non-family groups.
- Those who are unable to social distance must wear masks when interacting with individuals outside of their family group.
- The club office will remain closed to general membership. It should only be used by authorized members including the bookkeeper, treasurer, membership, facilities, and board of directors and officers to perform essential club business.
- At no time should club members congregate in buildings or shelters including the pavilion on the shotgun range. ASC is a social club but please use good judgement to protect yourself and others.
- Members are required to bring their own personal protective equipment including face masks, gloves, and any other items they require.
- Personal shooting mats to cover tables or for prone shooting are optional, but if you bring one, please do not share outside of your family group.
Port-a-Potties with hand wash stations will be placed throughout the facility. It is recommended that you wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer before getting back into your vehicle to avoid cross-contamination. While ASC has a long tradition of allowing others to test-drive your firearms, for the duration of the executive orders we would ask that you refrain from sharing firearms or any other items with non-family members. Remove all targets, make sure to pick up your brass or hulls, and make sure all refuse is in a trash can before you leave.
Signage will be placed around the club reinforcing social distancing policies as well as the proper use of PPE should you require it. A sign will be placed at all entry gates to the club with waiver language on it. Entering the club with your key card on or after May 15th is an acknowledgment that you agree to the terms on that waiver. Guest waivers will also be updated with the COVID-19 language.
Every member is a range safety officer but RSO’s will be on duty on a normal schedule. Obey their instructions and cooperate fully. Report any unsafe behavior to an RSO that is on-duty or contact CRSO Eric Allen using the contact information available on signs at the range.
We have worked for many weeks to get the proper authorization to re-open the club with the blessing of the IDCEO. Please help us to keep the club open by utilizing the policies outlined above so we don’t have any further encounters with them.
Posted in the Member's forum is the waiver (Link to Waiver) of liability and assumption of risk that each person entering ASC property agrees to by entering the property. Please read it carefully. A copy will also be posted at each gate of the club. All non-member guests must also sign both sides of the ASC waiver, one side of which is this release. If you do not assume this risk DO NOT enter Aurora Sportsmen’s Club property.
Eric Callis and the Board of Directors Aurora Sportsmen’s Club
In the email that went out to members on 3/20 it was stated that the club would remain closed until 4/7 and possibly longer if the Governor extends the duration of the stay-at-home order, which he has. The board will take this discussion up again at our meeting this Thursday ,4/9. We will post our decision on the website and facebook page.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding during this unprecedented event.
President, Aurora Sportsmen’s Club
Our new forum is for members only and is integrated into the login system of our new web site. If you haven't logged into our new web site yet as a member there is a "Reset My Password" function that you need to complete. The system will email you a verification code to the address we have on file for you to validate your account. You'll then be able to set up your new password. The following instructions will tell you how reset your password.