The purpose of Practical Rifle is both competition and skills development. This is an opportunity to get your rifle "off the bench" and challenge your marksmanship skills while developing new skills most shooters can't practice on a range. Competitors will face new scenarios each month.
Attendees typically use modern, magazine-fed, semi-automatic rifles such as AR-15s, AK variants, Springfield M1As, etc. Bolt-action rifles are not recommended, since some stages require magazine changes. Shooters should plan on firing about 100 rounds.
Pre-registration for Practical Rifle events is handled through Practiscore. The cost is $10 for ASC members and $30 for non-members and is non-refundable. Discount codes for members to get the discount can be found in the Action Shooting Sports forum on the main club page.
On-Site registration is available IF there are any slots left. There are 40 slots in the 9 AM flight.
Advanced Registration for Practical Rifle events is available by clicking on the Register Now Button above. Stage diagrams and match scores from monthly matches can be found on the Matches page.
2022-2023 PR Match Dates are:
- September - No PR due to Zombie Shoot
- October 15th - 9am start time
- November 19th - 1pm start time
- December 17th - 9am start time
- January 21st, 2023
- February 18th, 2023
- March 18th, 2023
- April 15th, 2023
- May 20th, 2023
- June 17th, 2023
- July 15th, 2023
- August 19th, 2023
- September 2023 - No PR due to Mission 22
- October 21st, 2023
- November 18th, 2023
- December 16th, 2023
Whether pre-registered or on-site registered, you must be present for CHECK-IN* 15 minutes (0845) before the published start time. Shooters not present for check-in will forfeit their spot. Check-In occurs at the East Side, near East Side Bay 7.
AT 15 MINUTES BEFORE THE PUBLISHED START TIME, we will start promptly with a Roll Call followed by a Safety Brief. Immediately following the Safety Brief, squads will walk to their start stage. All shooters must have event gear ready and in their possession before the Safety Brief begins.
* 'CHECK-IN' means you are confirmed present with the registration table. If you are late, we will assign your spot to someone who arrived on time and you will be added to the bottom of the 'Space-Available Signup Sheet'
- Rifle - typically a modern, magazine-fed semi-automatic rifle/carbine in caliber of 9mm or greater, such as an AR-15, AK variant,M1A, etc.
- Ammunition - about 100 rounds of non-penetrator ammunition (steel or tungsten core or green tip penetrators). However, you should bring enough rounds for your skill level.
- Chamber Flag - have a chamber flag which is easily, quickly and positively removed from/inserted into the chamber of your rifle. PIECES OF ROPE/TWINE WILL NO LONGER BE PERMITTED.
- Magazines - typically there is a stage with a magazine change. Most shooters bring a minimum of three (3) magazines.
- Clothing - we shoot regardless of weather. Plan accordingly.
- Food - food is not available for purchase at our facility. Plan accordingly.
- Water - hydration is important. Plan accordingly.
F. A. Q.
- Where are Match Results ?
- What are the Safety rules?