The Aurora Sportmen's Club Zombie Shoot will be held on Saturday September 9, 2023 from 8:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m. at the Aurora Sportsmen's Club Rifle/Pistol/Shotgun complex located at 7749 Rueff Road, Waterman, IL.
The event will feature 17 stages for pistol, rifle, and shotgun and will have something to do for all levels of shooting, from beginner to advanced. Target distances will be from point blank range out to 200 yards.
Vendors will be present for all your tactical and zombie preparedness needs. For more information, please follow us at https://www.facebook.com/TheZombieShoot
Register now at: https://aurorasc.org/e-side/the-zombie-shoot-2023
The Zombie Apocalypse is upon us. Will you be ready?
Visit The Zombie Shoot YouTube Page to view past events.
For 2023 we anticipate 17 stages. Look for detailed layouts of each stage at The Zombie Shoot Facebook Page
Pistol Steel Challenge
Dueling Pistol Steel
Texas Star Pistol/Shotgun Stage
Texas Stars Pistol/Shotgun
Artillery Team: Cannons and Mortars
Civilian Marksmenship Program (CMP)
T.A.S.C. 2 Gun
Black Powder/Muzzeloading Team
Scholastic Action Shooting Sports Program
Here is a list of what a Zombie Shoot participant brings to the event.
- Ear protection (electronic muffs are best)
- Eye protection (plus a spare in case primary breaks)
- Hat with a brim
- Long Pants are better than shorts
- Rain gear if we have inclement weather
- Jacket if chilly
- Chap stick
- Bug spray
- Cooler to put above in
- Cash for onsite food from sponsors and food providers.
- Cart or wagon to haul your gear around (the club is large you will travel likely a full mile walking around to all of the stages)
- Any of these firearms below or all if you have them.
- Unloaded and freshly cleaned Pistol in a case
- Unloaded and freshly cleaned Rifle in a case
- Unloaded and freshly cleaned Shotgun in a case
- A chamber flag inserted inside the chamber BEFORE you arrive for all rifles and shotguns. If you don’t have chamber flags we sell them at the club or jump online before you come.
- 200-400 rounds for each pistol and rifle depending on which is your favorite to use. If you are a heavy pistol or rifle user you can easily run through 400 in a day.
- Note: Please also do not shoot our steel targets with steel CORE Ammo or Green Tip Penetrating rounds. It will damage the steel.
- 200-300 birdshot rounds (#7 through #9) of shotgun
- 20 shotgun slugs just in case the 3 gun stages have long shotgun slug only paper targets (never shoot any close range steel with slugs)
- Magazines for your firearms 3-5 each is good. 10+ fully loaded is better. More time shooting less time loading.
- Speed loading tools saves your thumbs and time.
- Rem oil spray if one of your firearms acts up many times just adding rem oil spray gets it running again quickly.
- Basic small tool set for small repairs of gear and guns.
- Chest rig or belt with pouches to hold your pistol and rifle magazines.
- Quality holster that securely holds your firearm. (Kydex, other hard sided are best)
- Shot shell holders for shotgun shells.
- Choke tubes for your shotgun
- Good quality boots as you will be on your feet.
- Folding lightweight chair can be beneficial.
- Spare Batteries for gun optics.
- Leather shooting gloves if you like them for hot rifles and shotguns.
Please note each attendee is different, so your needs may be slightly different.
Follow The Zombie Shoot Facebook Page for the latest information.