The Aurora Sportsmen's Club has an active Bullseye group. With a brand new 40 position covered range we are expanding our bullseye shooting program for 2022.
All listed events are open to the public.
Special Event - John Zurek clinic
ASC will be hosting a bullseye clinic by John Zurek on June 4 and 5, 2022. John is a High Master shooter with several National records and International medals under his belt. We have invited John to come to ASC to provide some training and coaching to us lowly earthlings. Pre-registration is required. The clinic is limited to the first 20 participants. Cost is $250 per person, which includes lunch for both days. For those wishing to stay overnight on the property, The Lodge is being made available for $70 for two nights (6/3 and 6/4).
Approved 2700 Open Division Bullseye Match
For 2022, ASC will be hosting two NRA/CMP approved 2700 precision pistol matches. These will be NRA and/or CMP approved, so scores will be submitted to the NRA/CMP for shooter classification purposes. These are open division only matches. We will include a Service Pistol EIC leg match and a .22 Rimfire Pistol EIC leg match as part of these events for those interested in working towards their distinguished pistol badges. Space is limited, so reservations are recommended.
- When: May 14, 2022 and August 20, 2021
- Where: ASC Bullseye Range
- What: NRA/CMP Approved 2700 and CMP EIC Leg Matches
- .22, Center-fire, and .45
- "900" per firearm (90 shots, for a maximum score of 900)
- Two targets slow fire, 10 shots each at 50 yards
- National Match course, composed of 10 shots slow fire, 10 shots timed fire, 10 shots rapid fire
- Two targets timed fire, 10 shots at each target shot as two 5 shot strings in 20 seconds per string
- Two targets rapid fire, 10 shots at each target shot as two 5 shot strings in 10 seconds per string
- $45 (all shooters)
- Cash prizes
- CMP .22 EIC Leg match will be fired after completion of the 2700 as an independent event ($20 entry fee)
- CMP Service Pistol Leg match will be fired after completion of the .22 EIC Leg match ($20 entry fee)
- Competitors may choose to participate in any combination of the 2700 and the leg matches
- Walk-ins allowed, but on a space available basis.
NRA and CMP Approved Bullseye Leagues
Two coincident shooting leagues will be offered in 2022. We will continue to run an NRA approved outdoor pistol league, but will be joining a new-for-2022 CMP coordinated league. Our league match days (fourth Saturday of each month) will provide opportunity for each shooter to choose to participate in the NRA league, the CMP league, or both. We encourage experienced, new, and junior shooters to join us.
- When: Fourth Saturday of each month between April and September; shooting commences at 9:00 AM.
- Where: ASC Bullseye Range.
- What: Each league match will consist of three relays. Each participant is welcomed to shoot one, two, or all three relays.
- Relay 1 will be an NRA "900" for .22 only, beginning at 9:00 AM
- Relay 2 will be run as three National Match courses, composing a "900". This can be shot for either the CMP League or for the NRA League. This relay will begin after the conclusion of relay 1 (roughly 10:45)
- Relay 3 will be an NRA "900" for any pistol, beginning after lunch (roughly 1:00)
- Who: Open to the public
- $40 annual league fee for the NRA League. $10 annual league fee for the CMP League
- $10 range daily range fee for non-ASC members
- $5 per 900 (NRA or CMP)
- Registration: Show up. Registration available at each league match
Camp Perry Warm-up
Organized Bullseye Practice
What is "Bullseye"?
Here is an excellent web site detailing a lot of various information about bullseye, including the basics. This site was put together by an Illinois shooter that has shot with us many times here at ASC.