The Aurora Sportsmen's Club has an active Bullseye group. The 2022 outdoor season has completed, but we look forward to another full season in 2023. Our range is a 40 position, 50 yard range with the concrete-floored firing line under cover.
All listed events are open to the public.
Bullseye Clinic - "Bullseye 101"
Are you curious about Bullseye? Wonder what it is? Wonder what it takes to shoot it? The ASC Bullseye Department is hosting a "Bullseye 101" clinic on Saturday, April 8, 2023. This clinic is intended for new-to-Bullseye shooters and will hopefully answer all your questions about the game, equipment, matches, and basic shooting process. The clinic will also include some range time to allow you to practice what you learn as well as get the feel of an actual bullseye match.
The clinic includes:
- Classroom instruction: 9:00 - 11:30 in the Rifle/Pistol building
- Range practice (optional): 12:30 - 3:00 on the Bullseye Range
- Lunch is BYO (we will be collecting $$ at the clinic from anyone who wants to go in on pizza/pop)
This clinic is free and open to the public. Shooters of all ages (over 10yrs) and skill levels are encouraged to attend.
- When: 9:00 AM, April 8, 2023
- Where: West side Rifle/Pistol Building
- What to bring: ear/eye protection, pistol, and 100 rounds of ammo if planning to participate in range practice
- Presentation Slides from the clinic
- ASC_Bullseye_Clinic_2023_parts1and2.pdf (Rules of the Game and Tools of the Trade)
- ASC_Bullseye_Clinic_2023_part3.pdf (Bullseye Shooting Fundamentals)
- ASC_Bullseye_Clinic_2023_Resources.pdf (Links to various resources)
Approved 2700 Open Division Bullseye Match
For 2023, ASC will be hosting two NRA/CMP approved 2700 precision pistol matches. These will be NRA and/or CMP approved, so scores will be submitted to the NRA/CMP for shooter classification purposes. These are open division only matches. We will include a Service Pistol EIC leg match, a .22 Rimfire Pistol EIC leg match, and a CMP Service Revolver EIC match as part of these events for those interested in working towards their distinguished pistol badges. Space is limited, so reservations are recommended.
- When: May 13, 2023 and September 16, 2023
- Where: ASC Bullseye Range
- What: NRA/CMP Approved 2700 and CMP EIC Leg Matches
- .22, Center-fire, and .45
- "900" per firearm (90 shots per gun, for a maximum score of 900 per gun)
- Two targets slow fire, 10 shots each at 50 yards
- National Match course, composed of 10 shots slow fire, 10 shots timed fire, 10 shots rapid fire
- Two targets timed fire, 10 shots at each target shot as two 5 shot strings in 20 seconds per string
- Two targets rapid fire, 10 shots at each target shot as two 5 shot strings in 10 seconds per string
- $45 (all shooters)
- Cash prizes
- CMP .22 EIC Leg match will be fired after completion of the 2700 as an independent event ($20 entry fee)
- CMP Service Pistol Leg match will be fired after completion of the .22 EIC Leg match ($20 entry fee)
- CMP Service Revolver Leg match will be fired after completion of the SP leg match ($20 entry fee)
- Competitors may choose to participate in any combination of the 2700 and the leg matches
- Walk-ins allowed, but on a space available basis.
NRA and CMP Approved Bullseye Leagues
Two coincident shooting leagues will be offered in 2023. We will continue to run both an NRA approved outdoor pistol league and a CMP coordinated ("postal match") league. Our league match days (fourth Saturday of each month) will provide opportunity for each shooter to choose to participate in the NRA league, the CMP league, or both. We encourage experienced, new, and junior shooters to join us.
- When: Fourth Saturday of each month between April and October; shooting commences at 9:00 AM.
- Where: ASC Bullseye Range.
- What: Each league match will consist of three relays. Each participant is welcomed to shoot one, two, or all three relays.
- Relay 1 will be an NRA "900" for .22 only, beginning at 9:00 AM
- Relay 2 will be an NRA "900" for any pistol. This relay will begin after the conclusion of relay 1 (roughly 10:45)
- Relay 3 will be run as three National Match courses, composing a "900". This can be shot for either the CMP League or for the NRA League. This relay will begin after lunch (roughly 1:00)
- Who: Open to the public
- $40 annual league fee for the NRA League. $10 annual league fee for the CMP League
- $10 range daily range fee for non-ASC members
- $5 per 900 (NRA or CMP)
- Note: non-league shooters are welcomed to shoot in any relay. The monthly fee structure is the same, but there is no annual league fee.
- Registration: Show up. Registration available at each league match
Camp Perry Warm-up
Organized Bullseye Practice
Calendar of Events:
What is "Bullseye"?
Here is an excellent web site detailing a lot of various information about bullseye, including the basics. This site was put together by an Illinois shooter that has shot with us many times here at ASC.