The Aurora Sportsmen's Club has an active Bullseye group. Despite the issues created by Covid-19 restrictions, we are planning on holding our full set of activities for 2021, hopefully on our new Bullseye Range. Face masks may be required of all participants.
All listed events are open to the public.
NRA Approved 2700 Open Division Bullseye Match
For 2021, ASC will be hosting two NRA approved 2700 precision pistol matches. These will be NRA approved, so scores will be submitted to the NRA for shooter classification purposes. These are open division only matches. We will include a Service Pistol EIC leg match and a .22 Rimfire Pistol EIC leg match as part of these events for those interested in working towards their distinguished pistol badges. Space is limited, so reservations are recommended.
- When: May 8, 2021 and August 21, 2021
- Where: ASC Bullseye Range
- What: NRA Approved 2700 and CMP EIC Leg Matches
- .22, Center-fire, and .45
- "900" per firearm (90 shots, for a maximum score of 900)
- Two targets slow fire, 10 shots each at 50 yards
- National Match course, composed of 10 shots slow fire, 10 shots timed fire, 10 shots rapid fire
- Two targets timed fire, 10 shots at each target shot as two 5 shot strings in 20 seconds per string
- Two targets rapid fire, 10 shots at each target shot as two 5 shot strings in 10 seconds per string
- $45 (all shooters)
- Cash prizes
- CMP .22 EIC Leg match will be fired after completion of the NRA 2700 as an independent event ($20 entry fee)
- CMP Service Pistol Leg match will be fired after completion of the .22 EIC Leg match ($20 entry fee)
- Competitors may choose to participate in any combination of the 2700 and the leg matches
- Walk-ins allowed, but on a space available basis.
NRA Approved Bullseye League
In 2021 ASC will once again host an NRA approved outdoor precision pistol league. We encourage experienced, new, and junior shooters to join us.
- When: Fourth Saturday of each month between April and September; shooting commences at 9:00 AM.
- Where: ASC Bullseye Range.
- What: Each league match will consist of three relays. Each participant is welcomed to shoot one, two, or all three relays.
- Relay 1 will be a "900" for .22 only, beginning at 9:00 AM
- Relay 2 will be a "900" for any pistol, beginning after the conclusion of relay 1 (roughly 10:45)
- Relay 3 will be a "900" for any pistol, beginning after lunch (roughly 1:00)
- Who: Open to the public
- $40 annual league fee
- $10 range daily range fee for non-ASC members
- $5 per 900
- Registration: Show up. Registration available at each league match
Camp Perry Warm-up
What is "Bullseye"?
Here is an excellent web site detailing a lot of various information about bullseye, including the basics. This site was put together by an Illinois shooter that has shot with us many times here at ASC.