All ASC Youth Programs are Open to the Public
The May 2, 2020 Youth Clinics are Cancelled. Those with reservations will be contacted via email and rescheduled if possible.
Registration for all 2020 Youth Events is now being accepted.
Availability is pending the reopening of club.
Flyers for the 2020 Programs are available at the bottom of this page for download.
The Aurora Sportsmen's Club, located in Waterman, Illinois is pleased to offer young shooters (ages 10-17) the opportunity to develop their shooting skills, thus allowing them to work towards their Winchester/NRA Marksmanship qualification in Pistol, Rifle or Shotgun disciplines.
These programs can be used by all scouting programs to make progress and complete requirements for their Archery and Shooting Sports awards and badges. This includes, but is not limited to Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, American Heritage Girls and Trail Life. Please bring your records of completed prerequisites if you have them.
ASC’s Youth Programs are supported in part by grants from the Friends of the NRA.
Junior Rifle - now open for registration for 2020, will repeat in 2021
Junior Rifle is the long-standing program offered by ASC that teaches the NRA Basic Rifle Course to youth. It runs for three consecutive Saturdays and includes 3 hours of lecture in the morning followed by 3 hours of range time in the afternoon. Scouts are able to earn the Rifle Shooting Merit Badge by successfully completing the program. Most of the participants graduate with the NRA/Winchester Sharpshooter rating in Four-Position Smallbore.
There are morning range sessions for graduates of the course who are interested in continuing to earn their advanced NRA/Winchester ratings.
The registration form is downloadable at the bottom of this web page. Please fill out the application form and submit the registration and payment as described in the form.
Daughters on the Range Event - Last Saturday in June - June 2
- Join us and bring your daughters, granddaughters and nieces (and their brothers) to the range for a day of safety education, shooting and family bonding
- There is no fee for this event
- Suggested ages 10+ for rifle and handgun, 15+ for shotgun, any for archery.
- The Aurora Sportsmen’s Club is providing the use of firearms, ammunition, bows, safety equipment and qualified
instruction at no cost.
- Come when you can and stay as long as you want.
- Pre-registration is not required. Onsite registration starts at 9:30am and closes at 11:00am.
- Sign in at the registration tent in the parking lot for our range located at 8998 Rueff Rd. Rueff Road runs between Waterman Road and Leland Road in Waterman, IL 60566
This program is supported in part by a Grant from the Friends of the NRA
Monthly Shooting Sports Clinics for Youth
First Saturday of the Month - May, June, August, September and October
Archery, Rifle and Shotgun are full for the month of May.
Download the Monthly Youth Programs flyer below for details, locations and dates.
and morning or afternoon session -- or call the ASC Youth Program voice mail at 630-537-0272.
Registration requests will be confirmed (it may take up to a week) and a reminder will be sent a few days before the event.
Archery - Openings in June, August, September and October
There is no fee for this program.
- 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- One class with room for 8 participants.
- Check in 15 minutes before class.
Handgun - Openings in June, September and October
$30 fee to cover the cost of ammunition and supplies for a full day of shooting
- One class with room for 6 students.
- Lunch is not provided. Class starts at 9:00 a.m. and ends around 1:30 p.m.
- Check in 15 minutes before class.
Rifle - Openings in June, August, September, October
$20 fee to cover the cost of ammunition and supplies for 2½ hours of shooting.
- Choose between smallbore (.22) and muzzleloading rifle, two relays of each
- 16 available positions per smallbore relay.
- 4 positions per muzzleloading relay.
- Relay 1 - 9 am-11:30, meet at the range on Rueff Road 15 minutes before class.
- Relay 2 - 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., check in 15 minutes before class.
Shotgun (Modern Cartridge) - Openings in June, August, September and October
$25 fee to cover the cost of ammunition and supplies for two rounds of trap in three hours. Additional rounds are $10, if time and interest allows.
- Two squads, 5 participants per squad.
- Squad 1 - 9am to 11:30, trap field on Rueff Road
- Squad 2 - 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., trap field on Rueff Road
- Check in at the range on Rueff Road 15 minutes before class.