Lions Defense Guest Instructor
2 Day Red Dot Pistol
Class details and registration: https://www.lionsdefense.com/red-dot-pistol
Questions: Matt Lyons at 630-363-2549 or
|Event Date||August 5, 2023, 7:00 am|
|Event End Date||August 6, 2023, 5:00 pm|
Aurora Sportsmen's Club Skills Drills Practice Sessions
Come work on your pistol skills in a non-competitive relaxed atmosphere. Learn to draw from your holster and get ASC holster draw certified. Practice for IDPA, USPSA, and ASC Outlaw Steel pistol matches!
This group meets the 2nd Saturday of each month April through October, taking off September to attend the ASC Zombie Shoot. We shoot on the East Side ranges typically on Bay E4. Please confirm with Dave for bay location each time just in case we must move range bays.
The day starts with a safety brief at 10 am and then we immediately start the drills. Expect most days to train until 1 pm.
- April 8th
- May 13th
- June 10th
- July 8th
- August 12th
- October 14th
Equipment and Ammunition Requirements:
- A Centerfire pistol (revolver or semi-auto)
- A belt and holster to fit your gun
- 2 magazines or 2 speed-loaders, with belt pouches
- 150 rounds of ammunition
- Eye and Ear protection
Cost and Registration:
$10 each for all attendees. Please RSVP, if possible, prior to the event by email. We will collect cash payment on date of events. Please bring exact change.
Questions? Please contact:
|Event Date||August 12, 2023, 10:00 am|
|Event End Date||August 12, 2023, 1:00 pm|
AMMO AVAILABLE ON SITE FOR THIS EVENT!
Aurora Sportsmen’s Club – Waterman IL
Allen J. Lynch – Medal of Honor – “SHOOT FOR THE VETS” August 13th, 2023
Allen J. Lynch – Medal of Honor Recipient will be on site for photo opportunities and autographs. Bring a copy of his book (Zero to Hero: From Bullied Kid to Warrior) or heirloom item for signing!
Allen will be supporting this event in person, come be a part of this supportive patriotic and family community.
Don’t Have Ammo to come out and Support this Charity Shoot? WE’VE GOT YOUR SIX!
AMMO AVAILABLE ON SITE FOR THIS EVENT!
Where else are you going to find this kind of support to help you have fun and support our Veterans!
SMOKIN GUN WORX will have .223 / 9MM / 45ACP and 12Ga. Shotgun loads on site for purchase!
So bring any and all guns you want to shoot that day! We are unable to provide Electronic Point Of Sale Purchases for this event, therefore ALL Ammunition purchases are on a CASH ONLY basis.
Registration Opens @ 0900 (9AM) You will need to sign in, complete the ASC waiver and receive your wristband upon arrival. FREE - Coffee and Doughnuts 1ST AM
Mandatory Safety Briefing @ 0930
Posting of the Colors (Flag Raising) Immediately Following
Shooting Starts @ 1000 (10AM) through 1500 (3PM)
Lunch available 1100 to 1300 (Bearded Veterans Grill will be cooking lunch on site for purchase)
Raffle Table Drawings & Live Auction Items @ 1500 to 1530ish.
GUN RAFFLES!!!!!!! SMOKIN GUN WORX is supporting the event in a BIG way AGAIN this year!
They will have 9 Firearms up for raffle throughout the day! Items up for raffle - Tactical Shotgun / Ruger 10-22 & various pistols will be raffled throughout the day. Gun Raffle tickets are $10.00 per ticket - winner drawn after 60 tickets sold / must be present at time of drawing.
They are Bringing a GATLING GUN! and will be selling raffle tickets to shoot a full magazine through this awesome piece of history! $10.00 per ticket - winner drawn after 10 tickets sold / must be present at time of drawing at which time you will proceed to the bay setup to shoot this historic multiple barrel machine gun.
COMBAT VETERAN ART – There will be several pieces of Art on site for raffle and auction. Each piece is a hand painted canvas. As a combat veteran with limited supply of materials, the artist learned to paint with toothpicks in the field as a therapy outlet in wartime and at home.
RAFFLE ITEMS / TABLE
There are too many items to post that will be on the raffle items table. Buy a handful or raffle tickets and drop them in the bucket at your item of choice and the tickets for the table items will be drawn at 3PM. BAD ASH CIGARS – Will have cigars for sale as well as donations on the raffle table.
LIVE AUCTIOIN ITEMS!!!!!
The US FLAG that will be raised the morning of the event and flown for the day is a patriotic commemorative flag that has also been flown over the US Capital and will be auctioned after the event. It includes both the certificate from the US Capital as well as a certificate from the Allen J. Lynch Veterans Foundation and set into a keepsake presentation box.
Since the inception of the “Shoot for the Vets” a legacy rifle has been put back up for auction each year. At which time, the laser engraved rifle, complete with pelican case, and display stand imbedded with the Foundation Challenge Coin, will have a nameplate added with their name on it for the supporter who will keep watch over the rifle for the preceding year, etching your commitment and support for our veterans, in history.
STAGES – BY EAST SIDE BAY NUMBER
- DEATH STAR COMPETITION– SHOTGUN OR PISTOL for time. Speed and Accuracy on a moving pendulum Texas star! The winner with the fasted time to complete will be announced at the end of the day (shotgun and pistol)
- PLATE RACK COMPETITION - SHOTGUN OR PISTOL for time. Speed and Accuracy on a plate rack target array! The winner with the fasted time to complete will be announced at the end of the day (shotgun and pistol)
- CERTIFIED INSTRUCTOR – Just bought a new firearm and would like some help. Come out and meet with a Certified Instructor who can help get you right on target.
- SUPPRESSED – Always wanted to shoot a suppressed Firearm? Come to Bay 4 and Smile BIG!
- On the Mover - RIFLE - Bring your rifle and come shoot a move and shoot course of fire
- GATLING GUN – Winners of the Gatlin Gun Raffles will get to shoot a full magazine through this multiple barrel machine gun! Or if you are impatient? Buy a full Magazine for $100 and get to it!
- CMP – Make sure to stop in and see the guys that the run the “Civilian Marksmanship Program” The (CMP) is a national organization dedicated to training and educating U. S. citizens in responsible use of firearms through gun safety training, marksmanship training and competitions. Its highest priority is serving youth through gun safety and marksmanship activities that encourage personal growth and build life skills.
- BLACK POWDER – Never shot a black powder pistol or rifle, come on out and these guys will teach you how to load it and let you shoot theirs! Have some old black powder guns you want to show off, come show us what you have. (PERSONAL BP GUNS WILL NEED TO BE VERIFIED SAFE BY THE STAGE RSO)
BUY TICKES ONLINE @
THE ALLEN J LYNCH MEDAL OF HONOR VETERANS FOUNDATION
"What We Do"
We partner with veteran friendly organizations to provide
Assistance and relief to veterans of the United States armed forces
And their immediate family members
Have any Questions – reach out to James Welker for further Information
Guest Instructor Program
Fieldcraft Survival Class
Details and Registration coming soon.
Booked on 5/31/2023.
|Event Date||August 19, 2023, 7:00 am|
|Event End Date||August 19, 2023, 6:00 pm|
• April 16
• May 28
• June 18
• August 20
• October 15
8:30am sign in
8:45am sign in closes, Safety Brief
9:00am squad and shoot match
1pm is typically when match ends
ASC or IDPA member fee is $15.
LEO/Active Military Fee is $15.
Competitors 17 and under shoot free.
Kris Kline, Event Leader